Topic: Automation Engineer - PLC Posted: 17Dec2010 at 11:46am
AutomationEngineer- PLCAztec Consulting
5 - 10 Years
Hyderabad / Secunderabad
UG - B.Tech/B.E. - Electrical, Electronics/Telecomunication, InstrumentationPG - Post Graduation Not Required
Site Engg., Project Management
Desired Candidate Profile
• A Bachelors degree in Instrumentation, Chemical orElectricalEngineering or equivalent combination of education and technical experience.
• A minimum of five (5) years experience in either a consulting engineering firm or in an operating engineering environment.
• Thorough knowledge of process instrumentation and control systems.
• Experience working with a variety of control systems including DDC, DCS and PLCs.
• Knowledge of and familiarity with the National Electric Code (NEC) and international standards.
• Experience designing and programming control systems with emphasis on PLCs, SCADA or HMI systems.
• Experience in commissioning and startup of control systems is required.
• Ability to work with plant engineers, external vendors, operators and management to manage projects and assignments is essential.
• Ability to troubleshoot control systems from the field element up through operator interfaces and databases.
• Experience with control system networking technologies and PC networking technology.
• Experience with Visual Basic scripting.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast paced multi-tasking environment.
• Experience in biotech/pharma, water, wastewater, medical device, or the food industry is required.
• Experience with Emerson Delta V DCS is a plus.
• Specific knowledge of cGMPs and batch process control in the life science industry with validation experience is a plus.
• Knowledge of 21 CFR Part 11 requirements is a plus.
Hardware & Software:
• Experience with HMI/SCADA packages such as: iFix, GE Cimplicity, Iconics Genesis, Rockwell RSView, or Wonderware.
• Experience with Batch systems such as: Proficy Batch Execution, or RSBatch.
• Experience with PLCs such as: Rockwell, GE Fanuc, Siemens, or Modicon.
• Experience with: Foundation Fieldbus, DeviceNet, Asi Bus, or Profibus is a plus.
The ideal candidate must have knowledge of process manufacturing, field instrumentation, and control system installation and implementation expertise in all of the following project phases: Requirements documentation, detailed design generation, implementation, system integration, testing and on-site start-up.
• Design, configuration, integration and implementation of process control solutions for various industries.
• Develop P&IDs and loop descriptions for various plants, processes, and/or equipment.
• Develop User Requirement Specifications.
• Develop software and hardware design specifications.
• Design, write, and implement, test and document PLC and HMI software.
• Develop control system validation/testing protocols.
• Specify and purchase process instrumentation, PLCs, drives, and otherelectricalcomponents and equipment.
• Developelectricalpanel schematics.
• Develop scope of supply documents.
• Assist with estimates of man-hours required to complete projects.
• Manage automation projects as assigned.
• Monitor progress of projects.
• Install, test, and start-up control systems on-site.
• Train operators and engineers on control systems.
Keywords:PLC, cGMP, batch, S88, Rockwell, GE Fanuc, Siemens, Modicon, iFix, GE Cimplicity, Iconics Genesis, RSView, Wonderware
Aztec Consulting is a manufacturing and information management firm founded by industry experts. Our team is comprised of consultants with experience both leading and executing projects in the industries we serve. As a result, we design and implement our projects with a strong understanding of what our clients need and with their best interest in mind. We are proven in Global Top Pharma and Biotech firms delivering projects ranging from industrial control and automation to enterprise management systems and project oversight, design, implementation, and validation.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum